Cone Beam Computed Tomography (CBCT)
Cone beam computed tomography (CBCT) offers accurate and high quality 3-D representations of dental and facial structures. This enables us to more precisely diagnose an underlying problem, detect unforeseen defects, and minimize the need for exploratory procedures. CBCT facilitates more effective care and more consistently successful outcomes.
Clinical applications of CBCT technology in endodontics include the following:
- Detection and diagnosis of pathology at the root end of the teeth
- Pre-operative assessment of the dental surgical area and treatment planning
- Assessment and management of traumatic dental injuries
- Evaluation of root canal anatomy and complex morphology
- Detection of root fractures and root resorption
- Evaluation of previously endodontically treated teeth
- Dental implant work-up
Occasionally, dental defects or pathology that deems a tooth non-restorable will be revealed on a CBCT scan. If this happens, we will advise you that the tooth cannot be saved.